Friday, July 23, 2010

odds and ends

Um, OK. 

I was SO wrong about that OPI DS Original. Being the little dum-dum that I am I didn't look at it in the natural light, and the secret to all holographic polishes is that it'll only really start to sparkle in the sun. When I did find the sun, I looked at my nails and DAMN did they sparkle. ALMOST as sparkly as Cher.  


Believe it or not, that's my thumbnail. BABY THUMBS! 
One coat of OPI DS Original over two coats of Diamond Cosmetics Drift Away

Look at that mother sparkle! Excuse the blurriness, it's the only way to capture the intense holo

How could I have been so wrong about this polish? It's...it's....FABULOUS. Like, Cher-worthy. No joke. Can't you just see Cher in her little Bob Mackie outfit with some holographic nail polish? droooool. The best part of this though is the fact that I took these photos after a day at work where I have to open boxes and type, which is really hard on my nails. And seriously? No chipping, whatsoever. Imagine what TWO coats of this polish is like!! My eyes will probably burn and fall out. 

Also, here's a preview of what I have coming up. These are the polishes I need to swatch:


The NARS polish I borrowed from Katherine, who's a doll and lent it to me for the weekend so I could swatch it. The two Essie neons are EYE BURNING, and I can't decide if they're so tacky they're fabulous, or so tacky they're just dreadful. I'm super stoked about the Rescue Beauty Lounge polish, it's that perfect sophisticated demure color that always makes me pee my pants in excitement. The last one is a mini bottle I got from the summer Essie collection. I really love those mini sets, it's great for a hoarder/collector like me to get my color fix, but at a reasonable price. Plus, god knows I'm never going to completely empty my bottles with everything that I have. 

One last thing for y'all, the Rescue Beauty Lounge fall collection the Real Housewives of the Tudor Dynasty. OMG. Legit DIED when I saw swatches of them. WANT. NEED. MUST. HAVE. Too bad they're $18 a pop. Seriously though I'm willing to eat ramen for a week to have these polishes. THEY WILL BE MINE. 

Siobhan over at The Nailphile has some great photos. Needless to say, I'm SUPER jealous, not just because she has those amazing polishes, but because I'm pretty sure those are the longest, strongest, meanest nails I have ever seen in my life. JEALOUS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment