Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Essie Playa del Platinum: A Mystery for the Ages

Shoot, girl. I tried. I really did. I tried to get this color to show up accurately, but my camera wasn't having any of that. 


Emi: 0 Universe: 57

Essie's Playa del Platinum from the Spring 2010 Resort Collection is this gorgeous taupe-y grey mystery color, I don't even really know what to call it. 

Is it an old lady color? Is it work appropriate? Is it dull? Is it grey? Is it taupe? Is it edgy? Is it trendy? Is it neutral? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!! I feel like it's this huge philosophical mystery, on par with questions like: Does gravity really exist? How does the internet work? Why do I like to eat rice? 

The world may never know. Figure it out for yourselves, kiddies. 


Please, while pondering, gasp in horror at my eczema ravaged cuticles. Also, I swear this is darker and taupier. For reals. 

In these photos it looks like a concrete grey, but it's not. For shiz and giggles, here it is next to a true dove/concrete grey, Rescue Beauty Lounge Concrete Jungle 


Playa del Platinum: A mystery for the ages. I don't even know how to say it. Playa as in player or playa as in plier? Whatevs. Don't even care anymore, because guess what? I'm going to go have a snack. Take that, Essie!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment